MustangTexas.com - Copyright 2013
The family celebrated the installation of a lamp post in Clifton, Texas, in 2002, dedicated to Joseph Marion “Joe” Wallace.
The money for the lamp post was donated by Joe’s grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The lamp post is located in front of the Bank near the corner of Highway 219 and Highway 6. It was “taken out” once by a reckless driver, but was replaced and stands there now.
It was a fun evening when family members of all ages and from different areas came to honor Joe and Sarah Wallace.
Joe came to Bosque County by way of Georgia to McLennan County in 1895, then to Indian Territory during 1902-1906, and finally landing near Clifton on the banks of the Bosque River in 1906. Numbers of Joe and Sarah’s descendents reside in Clifton and other areas of Bosque County.
Seated l. to r.: Polly Wallace Grover, Faye Wallace, Morris Wallace, Wendell Wallace
Standing l. to r.: Anita Wallace, Nancy Wallace, Taylor Wallace, Mark Wallace, Diana
Wallace, Joe Allen Wallace, Russell Wallace, Roby Wallace Anz, Carson & Helen Wallace
Not in the picture: Maxie Wallace, Jan Wallace